~ Direct Links ~

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Vanille WIP 12 [Collection]

Hello everyone!

As i mentioned, I upload all of Vanilles' progress on Deviantart but a few people asked for a second upload here on my blog. So you get a collection of all the WIPs I posted on Deviantart with a short description:

The legs are finished, on top of the left leg you can see the connection area.


The hips are a long project. They need a lot of inner support. You can see the connectors on the legs, and the cardboard inside. The white area wont be visible later. It is the area where the skirt will be attached.


Vanilles' chest was not hard to build. But as the hips, it needs a lot of support :/


I added this picture to show my current progress. She does not stand alone at this point, but the parts fit together perfectly!


I chose to build the hands for the next step. The fingers need a bit editing. I also added colour to the nails. 2 fingers are already finished. This is the last progress i uploaded. Stay tuned and please dont be shy to post comments! =)

2 comments:

  1. @ drummerthing:

    well the one thing is that the edges are coloured (pepakura does it (called "overflow paint"). On the other hand i am thinking about where to put the edges before i build them. it depends on the angle/point of view.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ drummerthing:
    I've seen that you posted the last question 2 times so i chose the longer version to be displayed..

    Well it maybe sounds weired but i use a Lego Bricks Plate for my folding. It has a long edge which is perfect for any folds.

    All in all i dont do many folds on my models. You can decide for you which tool is the best.

    For me the brick was the cheapest and easiest solution because when i was looking for a folding tool it layed next to me on my desk :P

    I think when people use butter knives, or these bone folders, they use to put the paper on a plain ground. I dont do that. I hold the part i want to fold in my hands and bend it over the brick plate then.

    ReplyDelete